Monday, May 3, 2010

After The Fast Interrupted, Before The Next One Begins...

I recently did ten days of water fasting (for spiritual purposes, though the detox was needed & the pounds shed were a nice side benefit...) I broke the fast three days ago, not as raw as I needed to be, but am back to 100% today.
 One things I'm always reminded of, when I fast, is how little food we actually need, & in fact, when we carry excess weight, we do our body a great kindness by taking a break from eating & digestion in order to allow our bodies to release some of the things we carry around that we don't need, & feel much better without.
I let go of 22 pounds during those 10 days, but of course as soon as eating resumes, most people naturally re-gain 5-10 pounds. I've had 7lbs come back, but now that I'm back to raw & am moving more (didn't get much sleep through the fast, & got pretty weary, by the end) I know the scale will continue going down.
I wasn't done fasting, but needed to stop for a little while, & am planning on resuming again within the next few days, unless I'm going to a weekend camping trip with my daughter, in which case it'll be right after the coming weekend (Monday, may 10th.)
I've fasted lots in the past, though not for many years, so knew most of the physical things I'd be experiencing, but still found it good to refresh my memory...the spiritual aspects of fasting can be completely life-changing, in my experience, & are worth learning more about in order to be ready to make the most of the time you set apart from the things of the fleshly appetites in order to draw closer to God, & to seek His will.
Here's a link I found extremely beneficial for my fast, in case you're so led, & ever want a good online source of info: This particular article is on Muscle maintained while fasting: (This is the BEST fasting site I've found yet! If you know of better ones, please let me know!)
http://www.freedomyou.com/fasting_book/Muscles_Maintained.htm
All I know for sure is that, day by day, God leads me on. I am determined to get & keep my flesh-nature crucified, never again allowing my appetites to hinder my health or walk with Him, or dim the light I'm meant to shine to others. It's time. I'm ready to be victorious in ALL areas of my life!
This was physically the easiest fast I've done (aside from the last day or 2) but the hardest, spiritually...but I'm pressing on...I've been led to be online as little as possible (though am writing lots offline) & have had little tv or other distractions from seeking the Lord...
I wish I hadn't had to work, but can't change that...am eager to get back to it, now that I'm feeling better, but am taking a few days to juice & do smoothies to clean out first, as I wish I'd done before the ten days. (I heard the call & dove right in the next day, not quite ready physically...)
 Thanks for your prayers, I need them...if anyone's still reading this...
HELLO...Hello...hello...is there an echo in here, here, here?

No comments:

Post a Comment