I've been sick for over a week now, & have been coughing practically non-stop for days, & the last two nights, especially, it's been robbing me of sleep...I woke this morning about 6 (didn't get to bed until 1:30 am or so) & couldn't stop coughing up huge amounts of mucus, & am exhausted, but as soon as I lay down, it starts up again, so I guess I'm up now.
I've been thinking about the vast amounts of mucus leaving my body, & where it all came from...no more cheese for me again, ever! Or the other JUNK on this list!
http://www.detox.net.au/mucoid-plaque.html
I'm learning that mucus-forming foods are the ones that are acidic, & alkaline foods not only won't form new mucus, but also to clean up what's already built up in us. "To maintain health, the diet should consist of 60% alkaline forming foods and 40% acid forming foods. To restore health, the diet should consist of 80% alkaline forming foods and 20% acid forming foods.
Generally, alkaline forming foods include: most fruits, green vegetables, peas, beans, lentils, spices, herbs and seasonings, and seeds and nuts.
Generally, acid forming foods include: meat, fish, poultry, eggs, grains, and legumes."
From this site: http://www.rense.com/1.mpicons/acidalka.htm This is obviously not a raw site, but if the average person followed these guidelines, they'd definately be healthier!
In the past, intense detox has made me stop being raw, & though it's slown the detox symptoms down to eat some cooked food, I see now it also just prolonged the healing process my body was undertaking, so this time, I'm pushing through, drinking lots of lemon water, juicing daily, resting even when I can't sleep, & pressing on. 2 days ago, I could only get in 20 minutes on the treadmill, & yesterday I barely managed 5, & it that was broken up...it sent me into major coughing fits for hours, & hurt my lungs (I used to have asthma, they still tend towards weakness when sick), so no more of that until this coughing & huge expelling of mucus is over. I'll just focus on stretching, & some light weights.
And though I'm staying 100% raw, the scale has stopped moving, so I've decided to not get on it again until the end of March (8 more days) to see if I meet my goal of 15 more pounds off since my last recorded weigh-in (over there on the right, under "What's Goin' Down on the Scale". I'm realizing that I may not be getting enough calories to keep shedding pounds, I just haven't had much appetite lately, with all this detox, but will try to get in a few more calories today than I have been...wish I could go for a walk, but my legs are too weak to go too far outside now from so little sleep lately.
Off to try some of these home remedies for expelling/clearing mucus...please keep me in your prayers!
http://www.drjims-natural-cures.com/chest-congestion-remedies.html
No comments:
Post a Comment