Thursday, September 17, 2009

Day two, juicing, almost 100% raw....BUT....

...I've been dizzy with a non-stop headache for 2 days now...thought maybe my blood sugars were reacting to the few carrots & some beet I put in my juice, so switched over to smoothies (dumping the last of my juice today in my smoothie...) but it still left me spinning...was told it could be low blood pressure...? (I do run low) Anyways, so I ended up eating a few noodles & cooked veggies that my daughter & niece were having for lunch, but it didn't help...in fact, I felt worse...detox?
 I did test my blood sugars almost an hour after my salad/dinner last night, & it was quite a bit lower, from just ONE FULL DAY RAW, & the juicing...it had been 11.1 & went down to 7.6! & because it wasn't the full two hours after eating, I'm sure it was even another point or two lower by then...I am going to keep testing, but was so eager to get to my juice this morning, & forgot to test it first & see how it was after overnight!
I'm willing to go through detox...just don't want to go into a diabetic coma,, or pass out, or fall & get hurt....every time I stand up, & even just sitting, that's how I've been feeling...
Well, whatever it is, I've decided to NOT let it slow me down with raw...no more carrots or beets in my juice, though...& I need to study more of the protocol Dr. Gabriel Cousins recommends in His book, "There is a cure for diabetes" & stop trying to do it my own way...
...the problem is I can't afford all the produce it's going to take to juice lots for a week straight to begin with, as he recommends...but I'll do my best with what I have, & may have to ease into it gradually until I can save up the $...but I'm stayin' raw!!! 
He (Dr.  Cousins) also has, as part of his protocol, recommendations for many supplements, most of which I can't afford at this point.
I'm going to just keep on plugging away, & do the best I can, until I can do better...
I'm also reading "The China Study" right now, finally, & WOW. Definately informative, eye-opening, thought-provoking, & really reinforcing my resolve to never go back to SAD eating, & all it's proven consequences! No matter how much I thought I knew from years of studying health & nutrition, I've learned a LOT already & have barely started (been flipping to different sections, actually...then I'll read it cover to cover.
 This is the kind of book that will convince anyone to re-consider their way of eating, & begin to see the brainwashing our culture has undergone regarding meat, dairy, junk food, & all that goes with those things!
It would especially appeal to men, I think, due to it's clearly articulated scientific approach & proof, as well as it's logical approach. It's the kind of book I would like to buy by the case, & give to everyone I know!!
So here I go, done with day two...not perfectly, but still, way more raw than I have been lately! & I regret the cooked I ate (though am glad it was last than a bowl), & see how dumb it was to think it would help (what I really wanted was avacado, but had none...)
One day at a time, sweet Jesus!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y1wtgLAytA&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment