Sunday, November 1, 2009

Candy is NOT Dandy...Smoothies are Groovy!!!

Well, as Christians, we don't 'do' Halloween, but Hannah's cousin's invited her over to watch movies & play games, seeing as their night of trick'or'treating was cancelled, due to swine flu concerns...so she dug through my closet & found my orange clothes, & stuffed 'em with quilt batting & pillows, & went to their house as a pumpkin! ("Cuz God made pumpkins, so it's not a scary costume!")


So anyways, they pulled a fast one, & went trick'or'treating ANYWAYS! *Sigh* & she's offered me all her chocolate, to appease me...but I DON'T WANT IT! So I'm saying NO THANKS!!! & I'm going to feast on pumpkin seeds, pomegranites, pumpkin spice flavoroed green smoothies, & a BIG yummy salad for dinner tonight, & am determined to get it out of the house as fast as possible!
  I am NOT afraid of swine flu, BUT I am aware that with my health conditions, I'm more at risk for complications than the average person, so I know the last thing I need to do is bombard my body with a regular intake of sugar! (Not to mention what that'll do with my diabetes & blood sugar levels!!!)
I've been gathering links/info on swine flu, to help people make a decision not based on fear, but on the facts, they're posted on a new blog I've put together called, "Links To Make You Think" & I'll be posting whatever research I gather there (next topic/Cancer - if you have any good alternative healing/healing testimony links on this, please send them to me at stazia@telus.net  , thanks!) & as I've been posting them, I've been so thankful for the ability & time to research these things & help others to educate themselves on issues of importance.
Here's the link: http://linkstomakeyouthink.blogspot.com/2009/09/swine-fluwhat-to-do.html
I trust God to continue healing me, to keep me healthy & alive as long as I'm meant to be here, & I hope you, too, will live a strong, healthy long life serving Him & others, blessing everyone He brings across your path with your love of life, your joy, your passion for living for Him & His purposes! 
& remember, if it's not nutritious & delicious, it ain't worth eating!!!
(& here's some raw pumpkin recipes, just for good measure! & REMEMBER TO THROW IN SOME PUMKIN PIE SPICES INTO YOUR SMOOTHIES! YUM!!!)
5 Deliciopus-lookin' raw pumkin recipes...even pumpkin nog! Mmmmmm!!!
http://earthmother-intheraw.blogspot.com/2008/10/5-simple-raw-pumpkin-recipes.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.fromsadtoraw.com/Recipes/PumpkinPie.htm ( & this came from an excellent raw recipe site I somehow missed along the way, or saw way back, I think, then lost in the shuffle....check it out! http://www.fromsadtoraw.com/RawRecipes.htm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, raw pumpkin soup!!! Looks amazing, with lotsa great ingredients!!!
http://www.vegalicious.org/2009/02/25/raw-pumpkin-soup/comment-page-1/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok, that'll give ya lots to do with all those pumpkins on sale this week! Enjoy!!! & remember to dehydrate the seeds! Maybe sprinkle some spices on 'em when ya do! Delish!!!


As her Facebook page says, we have nothing to fear but fear itself....& spiders, of course!!!


"Do I LOOK like a Pumpkin, Mom???" 
 Um, YEA....now can I have my clothes back, before ya stretch 'em all outa shape?!?
 I'm not THAT big!!!
P.S. Nope, I haven't been 100% raw the last few daze, but am getting back on track, have a fridge fulla produce again, & am ready to dive in full steam ahead! 60-70-even 80% raw just doesn't cut it for me! I even have rotton egg (sulphur) burps from yesterday! YUK! & I'm nervous about gettin' on the scale again...but will be soon anyways!)

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you- you need to get that candy out of the house. I know you can do this- if I can- you can! :-)

    ReplyDelete